THIS IS A LEGAL AND BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND AFRIHOOD
Users of this website in addition to these terms must agree to the agreement pertaining to the product or service they are purchasing that is either the Affiliate Agreement for users wanting to register as Affiliates or a contract of sale per any landed or built property such user wants to purchase via Afrihood website.
BY CLICKING I ACCEPT, YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITION STATED HEREIN.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
The term “Client” refers to anyone who purchases any of Afrihood’s products, that is, any of Afrihood’s serviced lands and/or state of the art properties in any location across the globe listed for sale on the Afrihood website.
Upon registration and purchase of any of Afrihood’s listed product, Clients are automatically registered as Affiliates at the Ambassador level of Affiliate membership, and they benefit from the rewards that accrues to Affiliates in the Ambassador membership level, to benefit from the rewards that accrue to higher levels of Affiliate membership, Clients are required to upgrade their membership level by purchasing a subscription entry to the membership level they so desire.
Unless otherwise specified, the website services are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, products, or services obtained from the Services.
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to Afrihood, you agree and understand that You are communicating with Afrihood through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Afrihood periodically. Afrihood may communicate with You by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Afrihood does not charge any fee for browsing and buying on Afrihood, however everyone who registers on the Afrihood website Purchases a product which could be Land, a building in one of our estates or becoming an affiliate. However, Afrihood reserves the right to charge a fee and change its policies from time to time. In particular, Afrihood may at its sole discretion introduce new product or services and modify some or all of the existing products or services offered on Afrihood’s website. In such an event Afrihood reserves, without notice to You, the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the Fee and related policies shall automatically become effective immediately once implemented on Afrihood. Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Nigerian Naira. You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all applicable laws including those in Nigeria for making payments to Afrihood.
Use of Afrihood Website
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of Afrihood shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
- belongs to another person and to which You do not have any right.
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women” or misleading in any way.
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights [(including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work (see “Copyright complaint” below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person age 18 or older without his or her express written consent and permission or those of any minor (regardless of whether you have consent from the minor or his or her legal guardian).
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access (as defined herein and in other applicable Codes of Conduct or End User Access and License Agreements) to the Sites or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Sites or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- Solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which Afrihood, in its sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of Afrihood Website or any other individual’s user and enjoyment of similar services;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- Shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. Afrihood reserves the right to bar any such activity.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of Afrihood website, or any other systems or networks connected to Afrihood Website or to any Afrihood server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through Afrihood Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of Afrihood website or any network connected to Afrihood website nor breach the security or authentication measures on Afrihood website or any network connected to the Website.
- You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to Afrihood Website, or any other customer of Afrihood, including any Afrihood account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit Afrihood Website or any service, product or information made available or offered by or through Afrihood Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by Afrihood Website.
- You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of Afrihood Website or Afrihood ’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Afrihood.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.;
- You may not forget headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Afrihood on or through the Website or any service or product offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- You understand that Afrihood has the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the Afrihood Website) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with investigation of alleged illegal activity or solicitation of illegal activity or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, we can (and you hereby expressly authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury
Contents Posted on Site
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on Afrihood is owned, controlled or licensed by or to Afrihood, and is protected by, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
- do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents,
- use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media,
- make no modifications to any such information, and
- not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
Afrihood does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on Afrihood website, which are linked to Affiliates and / or third-party websites using Afrihood APIs or otherwise. In addition, Afrihood may provide links to the third-party websites of affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, Afrihood assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them, and Afrihood does not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third-party website(s). Afrihood does not in any way endorse any third-party website(s) or content thereof.
Afrihood welcomes links to this site. You may establish a hypertext link to Afrihood website, provided that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by Afrihood. You must not use on your site or in any other manner any trademarks, service marks or any other materials appearing on Afrihood, including any logos or characters, without the express written consent of Afrihood and the owner of the mark or materials. You must not frame or otherwise incorporate into another third-party website or present in conjunction with or juxtaposed against such a website any of the content or other materials on the Afrihood website without Afrihood’s prior written consent.
Disclaimer Of Warranties and Liability
This website, all the materials and products (including but not limited to software) and services, included on or otherwise made available to you through this site are provided on Afrihood on “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Afrihood does not warrant that:
- This website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Afrihood will not be liable to you in any way or in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, Afrihood website.
Afrihood does not warrant that this site; information, content, materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through Afrihood website; their servers; or electronic communication sent from Afrihood are free of viruses or other harmful components
Nothing on Afrihood constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
All the products sold on Afrihood are governed by laws of The Federal Republic of Nigeria and if Afrihood is unable to deliver such products due to implications of the laws, Afrihood will return the amount received by Afrihood for such product, which could not be delivered to you.
You will be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order or registering as an affiliate on Afrihood. By registering your phone number with us, you consent to be contacted by Afrihood via phone calls and / or SMS notifications. Afrihood will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS’.
While availing any of the payment method(s) offered at Afrihood, Afrihood will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to you due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction(s), or
- Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by you and between your “Bank(s)”, or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason/s.
All payments made against the purchases/services on Afrihood by you shall be compulsorily in Nigerian Naira acceptable by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Afrihood does not accept any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Afrihood.
Without limiting other remedies, Afrihood may limit your activity, immediately remove your information, warn other Users of your actions, immediately temporarily/indefinitely suspend or terminate or block your membership, and/or refuse to provide you with access to Afrihood website in the event, but not limited to:
- If Afrihood is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide; or
- If it is believed that your actions may cause legal liability for you, other Users or Afrihood.
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. The place of jurisdiction shall be exclusively in Lagos, Nigeria.
Jurisdictional Issues/Sale in Nigeria Only
Unless otherwise specified, the material on Afrihood is presented solely for the purpose of sale in Nigeria. Afrihood makes no representation that materials/services in Afrihood are appropriate or available for use in other locations/Countries other than Nigeria. Those who choose to access this site from other locations/Countries other than Nigeria do so on their own initiative and Afrihood is not responsible for availability of services, refund for the products or services requested from other locations/Countries other than Nigeria, compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
This site is controlled and operated by Afrihood Development Company Ltd. All material on this site, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights that are owned and controlled by us or by other parties that have licensed their material to us. Material on Afrihood web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by us is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and you must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other web site or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, noncommercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which you receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
We at Afrihood respect the intellectual property of others. In case you feel that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement you can write to us at [email protected].com
Product and Service Description
Afrihood tries to be as accurate as possible. However, Afrihood does not warrant that product or service description or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product or service offered on Afrihood itself is not as described.
Cancellation of order
Afrihood reserves the right to cancel any order without any explanation for doing so, under situation where Afrihood is not able to meet the requirement of the order placed or order so placed/cancelled does not comply with the Afrihood policy or for any reason. However, Afrihood will ensure that any communication of cancellation of an order is intimated within appropriate time to the concerned person and any applicable refund, will be made in reasonable time.
Termination of Service
Afrihood reserves the absolute right to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any and all portion of our products and services with or without prior communications. You hereby consent that Afrihood will under no circumstance be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of availability of products or services on the website.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Afrihood be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind in connection with this agreement, even if Afrihood has been informed in advance of the possibility of such damages.
Afrihood’s aggregate liability to you, any individual or any third party in any matter arising here from, related or connected to our goods and services is at the company’s sole discretion.
Please send any questions or comments (including all inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement) regarding this site to [email protected] or to our office at 7th Floor Mulliner Towers, Alfred Rewane Rd, Ikoyi Lagos.